Mar 15, 2006

Dirty as a Mother

Rain let up long enough yesterday to get a full 8 hours of work in. First time back up on the roof in about 5 months. Can't say I missed it much. The dirt, the noise, the constant danger of hazards.

Workin' union this time, however, which makes things one helluva lot better than they were. Far more attention to safety, money is better, there's a pension for once, and tonnes of benefits. Can't say to many bad things about that.

Got signed up into an apprenticeship as well. That'll take three years to finish. A fair number of raises are spread out incrementally until I become a Journeyman. Nice to see all that structure, and have some job security.

Just wish this goddamnned rain would let up so I could get some work in.

2 comments:

Ghostofasmile said...

I like how you set up your favorite songs on the left and you have Dylan listed!

Jason Harman said...

Aaron:

Wow; you're really taking this roofing business seriously. I thought it was just a stop-over but looks like you might be making it home. Will this signal an end to organizer-aaron?

Anyway ,I took your advice much-belatedly and got a blog here. Let me know what you think.

-Jason